We are running a sponsored read and we’d like your child to join in.
The sponsored read is in aid of Hft: a national charity, providing local support services for adults with learning disabilities throughout England. They support people to live life the way they choose - whether providing support for just a couple of hours a week, or 24 hours a day. hft.org.uk/
Students can choose their own books to read:
· They may like to choose 5 or 6 books around the same theme such as World War 1, sport, or heroes
· They could choose to read 5 or 6 books from a genre that’s different to the genre they normally read
· They could choose to read 5 or 6 books from authors they have never read before.
· They could read non-fiction: biographies, autobiographies, journal (diary), how to books or travel books.
· They could read fiction: fairy tales, myths and legends, horror, romance, adventure, mystery, drama, science fictions, satire.
The idea is that your child sets their target and chooses the books he or she would like to read and because of this the reading, for them, should be enjoyable. The only things we ask is that you help your child to collect the sponsor money at the end of the sponsored read and that your child writes a short review of each book that they have read on the back of the form.